NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITIONS
The District has openings in the positions listed below. Persons interested in applying for these positions should obtain an application form from the District located at 126 Alton Adams Dr., Waxahachie, Texas, or download the application form from this site.
The application form should be returned to the District either in person or by mail to P.O. Box 40, Red Oak, Texas 75154 (no e-mails or faxes please). Once it is completed and signed, applicants wishing to submit a resume’ may do so by attaching the resume’ to the application form.
Rockett Special Utility District is an equal opportunity employer and all positions will remain open until filled.
Performs daily operations in regards to water distribution including but not limited to repair and maintenance of waterlines, install meters, turning water off/on, maintaining and operating equipment, and customer service. Qualified applicants must be able to work in adverse weather conditions and able to lift 65 lbs. Scheduled for on-call rotation and response to emergency situations, some weekends, nights and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate a variety of hand tools.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Maintain equipment by inspecting for damage and performing routine maintenance.
- All other duties as assigned by a supervisor/manager within the department.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Water Operator Class C Distribution License or able to obtain one within two and a half years.
- A valid Class A CDL or the ability to obtain one within one (1) year of employment is required.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
Other preferred certifications/licenses:
- Water Operator Class D, C or B Distribution License
The district is a rural water utility company servicing Northeastern Ellis County. An excellent benefit package is provided for all full-time employees. The starting pay is based on qualifications and experience. Over-time paid after 40 hours worked each week.
No positions available at this time